When it comes to killing bacteria and microorganisms, bleach is our best friend. It contains chlorine, which is a powerful disinfectant, killing almost 100% of pathogens on various surfaces. Bleach is also suitable for cleaning and disinfecting the home. But what mistakes can you make in using it?
You are mixing bleach with other preparations
It may seem like the most logical solution for quality home disinfection and killing 100% of viruses and bacteria in your home, but it is a mistake. If you're thinking of mixing bleach with another antibacterial cleaner, vinegar or ammonia, for example, you should know that it can be dangerous and ineffective.
If you mix bleach with another detergent, you risk neutralizing its effect and reducing its effect in disinfecting surfaces.
If you mix bleach with vinegar, you should keep in mind that this mixture releases chlorine, which can cause serious respiratory problems as well as eye problems if inhaled directly.
If you mix bleach with ammonia preparations, you should know that this combination creates chloramine, which has poisonous effects on the body. May cause shortness of breath and chest pain when inhaled.
You use too much bleach in the laundry
If you have decided to wash your clothes by adding color bleach to the washing machine, you should not overdo it. Too much bleach in the washing machine causes damage to fabrics and threads, putting you at risk when wearing these clothes. Different viruses and bacteria can have easier contact with your skin.
You use bleach to clean metal surfaces
If you think that bleach is suitable for disinfecting metal taps and tap batteries, you are wrong. Stainless steel and copper-containing coatings are damaged by corrosive substances such as bleach. It is highly aggressive and can eat away at such surfaces.
You are not diluting the bleach enough
The more bleach the better. This is a misconception that can cause trouble. Always read the instructions on the bleach package carefully. It should also not be used on certain surfaces and fabrics because it damages them. If you're cleaning floors, sinks, or countertops, for example, don't use more than 1 cup of bleach dissolved in 3.5-4 liters of water.