5 things you ruin by disinfecting them

5 things you ruin by disinfecting them
5 things you ruin by disinfecting them
Anonim

Since the world is fighting the new coronavirus, we are all disinfecting our hands, our body, our clothes, the objects we touch at home and those we bring from outside. The disinfectants we use, which are considered the most effective in eliminating viruses and microorganisms from surfaces, are often too aggressive and damaging. They can damage both our skin and make it susceptible to infections and irritations, as well as the surfaces we apply them to.

Bleach, chlorine, peroxide are just some of the aggressive disinfectants that successfully kill germs, but also our favorite objects.

On what surfaces and on which objects should we not apply these disinfectants in order not to spoil them?

Mobile phones

It is paradoxical because the mobile phone is a proven carrier of thousands of germs, bacteria and viruses per square centimeter of its surface. It is constantly in our hands, on various contaminated surfaces outside our home, and we must clean it several times a day with disinfectants. However, the bad thing is that this way we can damage it or damage its surface.

Various mobile phone manufacturers have announced on their web pages that the devices can be safely disinfected with alcohol or wet wipes containing alcohol. Do not use bleach, soap or other types of disinfectants.

Jewelry

Jewelry is susceptible to damage from aggressive preparations and the abrasive chemicals in them. Roughly cleaning them with such disinfectants can damage their surface and the qualities of the metals and stones on them.Do not use ammonia, bleach or toothpaste to clean and disinfect jewelry.

Leather Wallets

Leather is a delicate material, so its cleaning should be approached carefully. Your wallet is indeed a dirty object with billions of bacteria crawling on it and it needs to be disinfected. But this should not be done with bleach, ammonia or chlorine-containing preparations. It is best to clean the skin with a solution of 70% alcohol and distilled water. The skin is then blotted with a cotton pad so that no liquid remains on the skin to cause staining or color fading.

Granite surfaces of cabinets and countertops

If you have granite surfaces in your kitchen that you place products on before washing them, your countertops will be subject to frequent disinfection, and that's a good thing. The bad thing is if you use aggressive disinfectants, such as bleach or chlorine-containing disinfectants. They oxidize the surface of granite countertops and damage them.Instead, use soap, warm water, isopropyl alcohol, baking soda.

Wood surfaces

Wood is a delicate material that can be easily damaged by improper cleaning. You should never use disinfectant wipes on wood, especially if it is not varnished or treated. Towels can leave stains that cannot be removed afterwards. Use cleaning products only intended for wood.

Popular topic