Our brain doesn't stop working. Just think about how dynamically we live and how we are constantly thinking and rethinking something. According to research by University of Michigan psychology professor Susan Nolen-Hoeksema, overthinking occurs mostly in young and middle-aged people, with 73% of 25-35 year olds identifying as overthinkers. According to the scientist, women are more likely than men to think too much. Our thoughts are busy with daily tasks, unpleasant events, problems that never arise.
Overthinking and focusing on the negative does us no good. So when we feel ourselves starting this negative thought cycle, we need to stop and remember these 11 quotes.
1. "You will never be free until you break free from the prison of your own false thoughts."
2. "Before you speak, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you give up, try!”
3. "Stop worrying about what can go wrong and get excited about what can happen."
4. "Overthinking - the art of creating problems that never existed."
5. "There is nothing in this world that bothers you as much as your own thoughts."
6. "Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.”
7. “Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need sleep.”
8. "Overthinking is the greatest cause of unhappiness."
9. “Stop overthinking. You can't control everything, just let things happen.”
10. "Don't ruin the new day by thinking about yesterday."
11. "A quiet mind is able to hear intuition instead of fear."