Ginger and turmeric are some of the most commonly used spices in cooking. Their use to alleviate various ailments dates back centuries. Some of the main he alth benefits of consuming them include reducing nausea and headaches, reducing stomach upsets, reducing inflammation in the body, and more.
Ginger and turmeric can be consumed in combination, separately in different ways or taken in the form of a food supplement, of course after consulting a doctor. The two amazing spices can be found fresh in root form or purchased dried.
What other benefits are there in consuming them?
1. A number of Western studies prove that ginger and turmeric help boost immunity and shorten the recovery period from flu and colds.
2. Chronic inflammation is thought to play a central role in the development of conditions such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes. These two spices help reduce inflammatory processes in the body, scientists believe.
3. They reduce the discomfort associated with arthritis. Studies show that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is particularly effective in reducing pain caused by arthritis.
4. Another reason to add them to our menu, especially if we are active sportsmen, is that the spices are also believed to help reduce muscle soreness after sports.
5. Relieve the intensity of menstrual pain.
6. They also have benefits for brain he alth. Western studies have found that turmeric and ginger stimulate neural activity in the brain. Scientists believe that this prevents the accumulation of beta-amyloid in the brain, which often leads to Alzheimer's disease.
7. They improve digestion, not only reducing nausea, but also having a positive effect on intestinal peristalsis. In the form of tea, the two ingredients also help to relieve the feeling of heaviness after a large meal.
8. They help lower cholesterol. Both spices have anti-cholesterol properties. For example, turmeric and ginger tea is believed to help lower LDL cholesterol naturally. Ginger reduces the risk of blood clots and thus helps prevent heart attack and stroke.
9. Improves skin he alth. Turmeric and ginger are used to relieve acne, eczema and psoriasis. The two spices have excellent antibacterial and antioxidant compounds that are believed to reduce the risk of infection while stimulating new cell growth and preventing signs of aging such as wrinkles and spots.
10. They help to eliminate excess fluids from the body, especially when taken in the form of tea.
Although they have a number of he alth benefits, we should not overdo their consumption as they can lead to various ailments in overdose.