To be in good physical shape, it is important how we take care of our spirit and body. Loving and taking care of ourselves is not difficult. Have you heard of Ayurveda? The Indian Science and Practice of Good He alth and Longevity. Anyone can follow the rules of Ayurveda. We share 11 easy steps for more he alth.
1. Pay attention to nutrition - Our menu plays an extremely important role in our overall he alth. An unhe althy diet can lead to a number of diseases and he alth conditions. One of the simplest and most effective tips for Ayurvedic he althy eating is to add more vegetables and fruits to your daily menu.
2. Prepare your own food – If possible, avoid eating out or ordering takeout. Learn to build a deeper connection with the food you eat and remember that home-cooked meals are more nutritious and he althy.
3. Stop or minimize consumption of packaged and processed foods.
4. Eliminate processed white sugar or artificial sweeteners from your menu - Sugar is one of the biggest destroyers of good he alth. You can replace it with quality honey, coconut sugar, agave syrup.
5. Drink plenty of water – Ayurveda recommends that we consume at least two liters of water every day.
6. Ayurveda recommends that when we feel tired, lethargic or have no energy, we should reduce the consumption of fatty, heavy and cold food, cold drinks.
7. Be active – This is one of the most important Ayurvedic tips for good he alth. You can do sports in a gym, outdoors, take walks in nature.
8. Use he althy spices – Certain spices aid digestion and help reduce inflammation in the body. In Ayurveda, some of the most commonly used spices are cumin, coriander, ginger and turmeric.
9. When you consume fresh milk, it would be better absorbed if it is warm and not cold. In addition, warm milk is believed to help balance all the doshas (the energies that make us up as individuals; more on these later) and provide strength to the body.
10. Add ghee to your diet – In Ayurveda, this clarified butter is considered a superfood. The good thing is that we can find it in supermarkets, organic stores. More about the he alth benefits of consuming ghee can
11. After eating, take 5-10 minutes to rest. If possible, rest on your left side and then take a short walk. This is believed to improve digestion and balance blood sugar.