Stress, lack of physical activity, unhe althy diet… All this weakens our body's defenses. Good immunity should be maintained throughout the year. It takes some small steps to be in good he alth every day. Check out 11 easy ways to do it.
1. Reduce the consumption of sugar and sugary products to a minimum. These types of foods, as well as processed meats, chips and treats, weaken immunity.
2. Garlic and onion. They are rich in fiber, a prebiotic that promotes gut he alth, where about 70 percent of immune cells reside. In addition, the delicious spices have powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
3. Include green vegetables in your menu in the form of salads, smoothies, soups, meals. They also aid digestion and keep your immunity strong.
4. Add a small amount of fermented foods to your menu (kimchi, olives, kefir, sauerkraut, pickles). This is how you feed your gut the probiotics it needs to function optimally.
5. Homemade bone broth. It is rich in amino acids, which are known to be excellent immune boosters.
6. More flavor to dishes with the help of ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, thyme and chili pepper. Wonderful spices that provide powerful anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiviral benefits.
7. Add coconut oil to your diet. Coconut oil is not only delicious, but when consumed in moderation is believed to help boost immunity.
8. Don't forget vitamins C and D, which are very important for the immune system, bones, collagen synthesis, mood changes. You can get them through the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, mushrooms, dairy foods, fish and others.
9. Don't forget about zinc. It also strengthens immunity, but is also important for skin and hair he alth, reproductive he alth, favors bone he alth by reducing bone density loss, and more. Foods that are rich in zinc can be seen here.
10. Don't forget omega-3 fatty acids,which also help support the immune system. They also benefit the he alth of the heart, brain, uterus, nails, hair and more.
11. Blue and green spirulina. Amazing algae, which can be found in powder form in organic stores, as well as as dietary supplements, also supports immunity. Great as additions to smoothies, desserts, coffee drinks.