How many times did you smile today? And yesterday? Even small things around you can make you smile - good coffee, fragrant flowers, bright, colors, etc. A smile is much more than a change in facial expression.
Check out 10 he althy reasons to smile every day
1. A smile helps you live longer. Pretty compelling reason to smile every day, right? Scientists believe that, in general, people who smile more often and are more positive enjoy better he alth and longevity.
2. A smile helps us relieve stress. Believe it or not, smiling can reduce stress, even if you're not smiling or even when you're faking it. Also, smiling people don't look so tired.
3. A smile is "contagious" because it has the ability to lift your mood, but it can also change the moods of others around you. This is because the human brain automatically "notices" and interprets other people's facial expressions.
4. For a stronger immune system. By smiling every day, we help ourselves because it improves our overall he alth. It is believed that when we smile, immune function improves because we are more relaxed, thanks to the release of certain neurotransmitters.
5. Helps lower blood pressure. Another good reason to smile every day is the beneficial effect on your blood pressure. According to some Western research, laughter can help lower blood pressure after initially causing an increase in heart rate and breathing.
6. It reduces the intensity of pain. According to a number of Western studies, when we smile, endorphins and serotonin are released in our body. Thanks to these chemicals synthesized in the brain, we feel better.
7. It helps us look younger. According to researchers, smiling not only makes us more attractive to others, but also helps us look younger.
8. A smile increases our activity. This applies not only to the performance of daily duties, but also to our motivation for sports, learning new knowledge and skills. When you lack motivation, just smile.
9. It can improve our memory. According to a Western study, elderly people perform better on a memory test after watching a funny video. Humor, and related smiles and laughter, can improve memory by reducing stress, scientists believe. So watch more funny movies.
10. It is a good ally in weight loss as it can support our weight loss efforts. When we smile and laugh, we help our bodies reduce the stress hormone cortisol, which is often associated with weight gain and making it harder to lose weight.