In order for our teeth to be he althy and beautiful, it is important to take care of them daily, just as we take care of our skin and hair. Sometimes we ignore the dentist's recommendations about what kind of dental water and what kind of toothpaste to use. There are people who postpone the examination at the dentist and the treatment of caries by 1-2 years.
Maintaining dental he alth is a personal responsibility. We live in a time that can offer us very good dental services, great products for he althy oral hygiene. It remains for us to follow some simple rules for dental he alth. Check out 13 of them.
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably with an electric brush or a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brushing should take about 2-3 minutes.
2. Don't skip daily flossing. This will clean the surfaces of your teeth that the toothbrush cannot reach. This reduces the risk of tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
3. Every 6 months, carry out preventive examinations. If you have to brush your teeth, check with your dentist how often you should do this.
4. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. This will keep your body hydrated, reducing the risk of dry mouth, which reduces the risk of bacteria and bad breath.
5. Chew sugar-free gum once in a while. Chewing gum increases the secretion of saliva and neutralizes acids in the oral cavity.
6. Don't smoke. Smoking has been shown to be the leading cause of oral cancer, but it also increases the risk of gum disease.
7. Reduce your consumption of sweet or sticky foods that contain a lot of sugars or carbohydrates.
8. Avoid carbonated drinks (including diet), as well as canned juices and sports drinks. These drinks increase the risk of damaging the enamel and forming cavities.
9. Change your toothbrush every 3 months or if you have been sick, with a cold.
10. If you happen to break a tooth in an accident, do not throw it away, but put it in a glass with a small amount of cold fresh milk and try to get to a dentist within an hour. Depending on your case, it is very possible that your tooth will be secured in some way. Of course it's not always possible, but you shouldn't let the broken piece of tooth dry out.
11. Avoid using your teeth to open packages, chew straws, etc.
12. If you clench and grind your teeth while you sleep (your dentist will notice this from the condition of your teeth) consider whether it is not a good idea to get a special sleep splint to protect your teeth from rubbing.
13. If you want to have white teeth, consult your dentist about his options for improving the color of your smile.