One of the most commonly used spices in Asian cuisine is turmeric. It has a pleasant taste and its intense color is due to curcumin. The spice not only makes dishes and soups tastier, but has over 600 potential he alth benefits, such as:
- It has anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, anti-cancer effects.
- Increases immunity.
- Recommended for diabetic patients.
- Helps maintain he althy cholesterol levels.
- Supports the he alth of the digestive system.
- Detoxifies the liver.
- Regulates metabolism and weight.
- It is useful for patients with high blood pressure.
- Improves memory and brain function.
- Lowers triglycerides.
- Increases energy levels.
- Helps with colds and others.
Adding turmeric to milk is another alternative for taking the he althy spice that you can make part of your daily menu. This he althy milk is also called "golden milk", not only because of its beneficial properties, but also because of its pleasant yellow color.
How to prepare it?
- 2 cups fresh milk (can be cow or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- little pepper
Pour the milk into a saucepan and add all the dry ingredients. Put it on the stove, stirring constantly until the mixture boils slightly and all the components are combined. Remove from heat and add honey to taste. The drink is drunk warm.