Kiwifruit is a wonderful fruit that we can consume all year round. We love adding it to fruit salads, he althy desserts, smoothie recipes. According to some studies, its regular consumption helps regulate high cholesterol.
See 10 more good reasons to eat kiwi every day.
1. It helps to lose weight. Kiwi has few calories but a lot of fiber that makes us full. It also has a low glycemic index, does not cause spikes in blood sugar, making it a suitable fruit for weight loss.
2. Increases the absorption of potassium. Potassium is one of the most important minerals for heart he alth, it helps the nervous system to be he althy. Kiwi is richer in potassium than bananas. If you retain excess fluids, reduce the consumption of carbohydrates, s alt and eat more kiwi. Potassium is important for sodium balance in the body.
3. It takes care of eye he alth. A study by American scientists shows that kiwi contains lutein and zeaxanthin, and its regular consumption can reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
4. Eat it when you are constipated. If you suffer from constipation, the fiber in kiwi will help the peristalsis of the intestines. The delicious fruit contains an enzyme called actinidin, which aids digestion.
5. The skin becomes more beautiful. The condition of our skin also depends a lot on the food we consume. Kiwi is rich in vitamins C and E,which are essential in helping to regenerate new skin cells.
6. Suitable for diabetics. Of course, even though it has a low glycemic index, kiwi should be consumed in moderation.
7. Reduces the risk of blood clots. According to scientists from Oslo, eating 3 kiwis a day reduces the risk of blood clots, which increase the risk of stroke and heart attack, by up to 18%.
8. A great source of vitamin C for strong immunity. It may seem strange to you, but kiwi will provide you with many times more of the important antioxidant than citrus fruits. Vitamin C supports blood circulation, is important for collagen synthesis, bone he alth, teeth.
9. Another reason to eat kiwi more often is that the fruit has a high concentration of flavonoids and carotenoids,having a powerful antioxidant function. Thus, it counteracts free radicals and can also help protect DNA.
10. It is rich in folic acid,which is important for he alth not only during pregnancy. Folic acid helps the synthesis of red blood cells, which will reduce the risk of anemia.