What happens if you eat too many grapes?

What happens if you eat too many grapes?
What happens if you eat too many grapes?

is one of the tastiest and most loved fruits. It is juicy, sweet, so fragrant. It is difficult to refrain from eating a whole bunch, and even more. When it comes to such a sweet and juicy fruit, it's really hard not to overdo it. But this can have its side effects, even he alth hazards.

Grapes are extremely useful. It is an excellent addition to, suitable for snacks, salads, baked dishes, smoothies.

Since it's easy to overdo it with grapes, you have to be careful about the calories they contain. A small cup of grapes, or about 30 grams, contains as many as 100 calories, writes Livestrong. That is why it is very important not to eat grapes straight from the bunch, but to prepare them in advance. This will make it easier for you to control portions.

It is even more important to remember that grapes are very rich in. There are approximately 27 grams of carbohydrates in one cup of grapes. This can be a serious risk for people predisposed to or suffering from various conditions in which the metabolism and absorption of carbohydrates is disturbed. Among them are those suffering from, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome.

Grapes are also very rich in fiber – as much as 1.5 grams per cup. If you consume too many grapes, you will absorb a large amount of fiber, which can have side effects and unpleasant sensations in the digestive tract. In too large quantities, these symptoms can reach nausea, vomiting, digestive distress.

Grapes can interfere with the absorption of some medications. The active substances in grapes can interfere with beta-blockers, which sufferers of cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure usually take.

Grapes are rich in potassium Beta-blockers increase potassium levels in the body, so it's not a good idea to over-consumption of grapes, as this can increase further more the values of this otherwise important mineral. Too much potassium can cause kidney problems and damage.

Grapes can also affect the intake of blood-thinning medications. The compound resveratrol in grapes can increase the effect of these drugs, leading to excessive thinning of the blood and an increased risk of bleeding and blood loss.

Any otherwise he althy food should be taken care of. Do not overdo it with the consumption of grapes, as well as with other he althy foods. Remember that quantity matters a lot.

Popular topic