The leather sofa is a beautiful accessory in your living room. However, it requires specific care to keep its skin well-groomed, shiny and fresh, just like when you bought it.
How to maintain the leather sofa so as to prolong its life and its glamorous appearance as much as possible?
First of all, it is important to place it away from the sun. Arrange the furniture in the living room so that the sofa is not directly illuminated by the sunlight entering through the window.
Another trick is to polish the leather of the sofa to refresh and nourish it. Do it once a month.
You can make a homemade leather polish or polish mixture from 1 cup of olive oil, ¼ cup of white wine or apple cider vinegar, 3-4 drops of lemon oil. The mixture is combined and applied to the sofa using a microfiber cloth or spray bottle. It waits until the morning when the sofa is ready for use without leaving stains.
How else to clean the leather sofa?
- Cleansing skin conditioner;
- Soft dish detergent;
- Microfiber cloth;
- Baking soda.
1. Start with the vacuum cleaner first. Vacuum all dust, trash and coarse particles on the sofa. It is important to make sure that you have removed all particles and dust from the sofa.
2. Dip a clean cloth in warm water mixed with dish soap. Squeeze it very well so that it is not wet, just slightly damp. Gently pat and rub the leather on the couch. Emphasize the spots where there are stains. Don't over-press because it wears the skin down and makes it shriveled.
3. Dry the couch. Water damages the leather of the sofa. It is important to absorb it as much as possible. Use a dry microfiber cloth. Use it to soak up as much moisture as possible. Then blot with a paper towel for extra security.
4. Use a leather furniture cleaner. Use it to clean the dirtiest areas of the sofa. Then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Dry again.
5. Apply the Polishing Homemade Leather Polish with Olive Oil and Lemon Oil. Spread a small amount of it using a clean microfiber cloth. Smudge very well so that no excess amount remains on the skin, but only shines and is nourished. Leave for the night. In the morning, wipe with kitchen paper before using the sofa.